Monday, November 21, 2005

Check this out...........


what a bargain Posted by Picasa

One of the benefits in living here is that no one eats avocado's. Thus, they are always on clearance and they are almost always perfect. I bought two of these packets. 10 avocado's for $1.98. I scooped out 5 of them and put them into a tupperware and froze them. These will be for quacamole for our cookie exchange party on Dec 10th. The other's were put into a small ziplock bag, given a squirt of lime juice and frozen. I just pull out out of the freezer and defrost in the microwave when we want some avocado. So easy and so cheap.

5 Comments:

Blogger holly_44109 said...

i never thought of freezing avacados. brilliant!

1:18 PM, November 21, 2005

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow...both cheap and perfect avocados?

I can't imagine such a thing! Lucky girl.

9:22 PM, November 21, 2005

 
Blogger FoodNinja said...

Avpcados... give me the willies.. Cant stand to eat too many.. I keep trying to hide them in myother food and hope I wont notice.

11:58 AM, November 22, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea you could freeze avocado flesh!

1:54 PM, November 25, 2005

 
Blogger Cyndi said...

Great! I found your freezing avocado post. I'm going to give it a try--I think I'll use the Foodsaver bags, too, to try to get the air out. I also fixed your locale on the link. Don't know where I got Charlotte, NC from--must have seen it at the top of someone else's blog! Sorry.

9:42 AM, February 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home