Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Happy Bday Robin....



Monday was Robin's 42nd bday. She requested a yellow cake with a choc. frosting. I ended up making her a Southern Caramel Cake because she loves caramel. Holy batman can you say butter sugar overload? The frosting contains 2 cups of brown sugar and a cup of butter. The cake has 1/3 cup butter and 1/3 cup shortening( which I absolutly hate using). I misread the recipe and only used 2 eggs instead of the 3 the recipe called for. The cake was ok, nothing spectacular. We had calzones for dinner too.

I'm so incredibly busy this week. I trained at a new job yesterday( cooking at a senior dining program) and I have a catering job tomorrow. I have 7 things to bake today plus numerous dips, and other things to prepare. We leave for Florida on Friday. Saturday is my 40th Bday and we have a dinner party planned with friends and family.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!

12:57 PM, November 29, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

That cake looks in-CREDIBLE!!! I'd love for Steph to hang out with you for a while as she's a cake nut :)

6:16 AM, November 30, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you get your hands on the Criso that has no trans-fats in it? I believe it is the one in the green can (as opposed to blue). I use this stuff as a replacement for regular shortening and it has worked wonderfully so far.

12:10 PM, December 06, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home