Friday, September 15, 2006

Tofu and veggie stir-fry........



In an effort to eat at least 1 vegetarian meal per week, I picked up a block of firm tofu. There is one grocery store in London that sells tofu for the ridiculously low price of $1.35. I wanted to make the tofu crispy, but I didnt want to deep fry it. I thought I would dip it in egg and then panko and fry it up. That didnt work so well. I also though I wouldnt add it to the sauce so it would stay crispy, so I placed it on top of the stir-fry. That didnt work either, because it was really bland. Duh, I should have remembered that tofu soaks up other flavors. I also made a light( too light) sauce for the veggies. I used some sherry, orange juice( light), soy( light), orange peel, hoisen, ginger and garlic. The sauce was a little too light in taste( read: Bland). We did eat it with some short grain brown rice( my favorite kind of brown rice). Next time, I'll stick to a recipe for the sauce and I'll throw the tofu in so it can soak up all the yummy flavors.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which store in London was is? How can I find it? Please let me know if you can. My email is:
rt228@exeter.ac.uk

Thank you

12:24 PM, April 11, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry you do mean London UK right?

12:29 PM, April 11, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home