Monday, September 11, 2006

Raspberry spinach salad.....





This is another dish I brought to the birthday party. I modified a recipe for strawberry spinach salad I found over on allrecipes. Robin is allergic to strawberries so I used rasberries and I replaced the cider vinegar in the original recipe with some raspberry vinegar. I also cut the sugar way back. The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup( WHAT??). I was going to use splenda, but sometimes the aftertaste really annoys me, so I just used 3tbls of sugar and that was plenty. I bought a package of sunkist honey roasted sliced almonds to throw on top. It was an easy salad to throw together, I thought it was tasty, but it didnt seem to go over so well. People around these parts have issues with foods that are "new" or "different". Thank gawd Robin was open to my way of cooking when I met her, or we'd have had big problems.

I'm leaving for Charlotte, NC on Thursday. I wrote a few posts before I left so I wouldnt go 5 days without blogging. Does anyone know how I change the dates on these?

3 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

Looks great to me! I'm with you on the splenda aftertaste..yuck!

9:58 AM, September 13, 2006

 
Blogger Joe said...

If you look on the bottom outline of the box where you compose your post, you will notice here it says "Post and Comment options"

Click there and you can change the date/time.

5:28 PM, September 13, 2006

 
Blogger Patti said...

Looks good to me also! I only wish I had seen this before I read about the spinach recall!

11:46 AM, September 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home