Friday, October 10, 2008

Roasted Tomato Soup( Cuisine @ Home).....





Just call me weird, but I absolutely despise raw tomatoes. I hate the texture and the slime of the seeds!! But, I adore tomato soup. When I spotted 3kgs of plum tomatoes on the clearance rack for 3.00 I scooped them up. I really dont know why they were on clearance as they were pretty decent looking. I had some minor trimming to do which was no big deal. I threw them on the sheet pan with lots of garlic cloves and olive oil. This gets roasted for 40 min at 400F. I threw it in the pot with 2 cups chicken stock( original recipe calls for water), salt, pepper, fresh thyme( my addition) and fresh parsely. This cooks briefly and then I used the immersion blender to puree. I finished it with some sugar and fresh basil. The recipe calls for 1/2c. of half and half, but I left it out as I'm going to freeze it. Prior to serving, I add some half and half to the pot when I rewarm. Its soooooo good that I've been running up to the grocery store hoping they'll be more of those tomatoes on the clearance rack. No such luck. I might just have to plant some next year so I can make my own supply of this fabulous soup!!

1 Comments:

Blogger MoC said...

I have been looking for a tomato basil bisque recipe. If you add the 1/2 and 1/2 to it and freeze it what happens? Also if I decide to add 1/2 and 1/2 should I lower the liquid of the chicken broth?

10:03 PM, November 29, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home