Friday, August 24, 2007

Kitchen samples.....




Today was very exciting!! I wrote a check to the Kitchen Designers( the largest check I've ever written) and signed all the papers. I wasnt feeling that hot so I didnt stick around there very long. We still need to pick out our granite or quartz( I can't decide). I picked out a couple samples to bring home and show Robin. One of them is granite, the other is quartz. I'm leaning towards the granite. The cabinets will be ordered today and installation is set for Oct 17-19th. The door style we got is what is pictured, minus the middle section. If you have a raised inner door panel, it adds a lot of money to the price. We still need to pick out the hardware, the appliances and the flooring.

Did I mention we're also adding a 24 x 24 master bedroom to our house( with walk in closet). We're adding a deck as well. We're beyond excited but we have so much work to do. Our existing sunroom will be torn down and we need to clean that out. We also need to pick paint colors for the kitchen and bedroom and backsplash tile and lighting. Its going to be a busy Fall!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cabinet color. Very warm and inviting.

8:58 PM, August 24, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that counter sample on the left; is that the quartz or granite? I'm sure either choice will look great with the cabinets you chose.

7:17 AM, August 25, 2007

 
Blogger Lenore said...

That renovation sounds so great! I'm so jealous of your huge bathroom and gorgeous new kitchen.

8:25 AM, August 25, 2007

 
Blogger Randi said...

The one on the left is granite.

8:45 AM, August 25, 2007

 
Blogger Sara said...

How exciting! I hope you'll keep us posted on the progress. I like the cabinet and the granite.

4:47 PM, August 25, 2007

 
Blogger Emmy said...

Congrats on your home improvement projects/additions. Your new and improved kitchen is going to be just gorgeous. I can't wait to see pics when it's all finished. A 24' x 24' Master Bedroom sounds lovely too!!!

Oh, for the Rockin' Girl Blogger, just copy the graphic so you can put it on your blog. Then keep it going by honoring some of your favorite Rockin' Girl Bloggers :)

5:44 AM, August 27, 2007

 
Blogger Cate said...

We just moved into a new house and the kitchen totally needs gutting, but unfortunately a few other things are ahead on the priority list. Until then, I'm going to live vicariously through you. ;)

7:14 PM, August 28, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redesigning a kitchen is wildly expensive, but you won't regret it -- I've never met anyone who did!

6:00 AM, August 29, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home