Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin w/chimichurri sauce ( cuisine at home)



I really like Cuisine at Home Magazine. The food is very good and pretty simple to make. I was looking for simple last night when I promised Robin I'd make dinner. Lately( because of my Byetta), I just havent been that hungry at dinnertime. I could eat a bowl of cereal and be happy. I had a pork tenderloin in the fridge that had to be used though so this was perfect. You cut up the tenderloin and wrap each slice with bacon. Then you use two skewers so the pork doesnt spin around. The sauce is simple too. Parsley, garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes, olive oil, white vinegar and water. You brush this on the pork while its grilling and serve extra on the side.

I cooked this morning for my seniors(the job where I chose the menu). I made smoked sausages, baked beans, corn muffins, saukerkraut( I didnt actually make this), and fresh green beans. The baked beans are a Paula Dean recipe and they're really good. None of the ladies who were helping me today had heard of Paula. I found that strange. I guess I watch too much Foodtv.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Paula Deen hasn't invaded Canada yet? Wow! I can take or leave her but I've noticed people around here usually start paying attention when I make one of her recipes.

Are the seniors more accepting of your cooking now that you've been around for a while?

6:22 AM, July 19, 2007

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

About that cookbook - of course I don't mind. I didn't find those cookbooks very usable myself. Maybe someone at the sale will enjoy it.

6:59 AM, July 20, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home