Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Eve Paella( Cook's Illustrated).....




We're home!! Did you miss me? We had a glorius time in Florida. The weather was perfect,between 75-80F the entire time we were there. We managed to lay out in the sun almost every day( except xmas). We ate out a lot and believe it or not, I was looking forward to coming home and cooking. We usually get lobster on NY eve, but this year our supermarket was pre-cooking them. I decided to make a paella since I had some wonderful Spanish Paella rice lanquishing in the pantry that I picked up in Cleveland this summer. I also had the saffron, the chicken and the shrimp. I ended up buying clams, a piece marlin and the chorizo. It came out really well, very flavorful. I picked up 2 lobsters on sale for 8.77lb. I didnt really think about it, but the total was 15.50. Only when Robin picked out the palmful of meat( from both) did I realize that they were both under 1lb. Oh well, it was a nice garnish.

If you're having a party, its a great party dish because it made a huge pot!!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Oh, I miss shellfish so much! This looks delicious. I really hope my son isn't allergic to it because I'm dying to make shrimp again.

5:45 AM, January 03, 2008

 
Blogger Sara said...

I love paella! This was the first Christmas season in years we didn't have paella. Now I'm sad.

8:59 PM, January 03, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard Paella is hard to make..??

11:58 AM, January 05, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photo is great, I want some right now! It seems like a very easy recipe too.

2:06 PM, January 09, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home