Friday, March 02, 2007

Lemon Yogurt Cake( Barefoot Contessa)....




Try as I might, I couldnt get a decent picture of this cake. I checked Ina's new book out of the library to see if it was worth buying( it isnt). A lot of the recipes look good, but most are pretty basic. One thing I notice about Ina is that she "borrows" a lot of recipes from different people. Case in point, this lemon yogurt cake. Ina says " she wanted to see if she couldnt lighten her infamous lemon loaf cake" She saw a recipe from Dorie Greenspan for a yogurt cake so she decided to try that method with her lemon cake. In the headnotes, Ina says this cake is good for you. I wouldnt go that far, the cake still uses 1/2 cup of oil and 1 cup of whole milk yogurt. I wasnt thrilled with the cake, it was very lemony and a tad oily. After the cake comes out of the oven, you drench it with a simple syrup made with lemon juice and sugar. Ina also calls for 1 cup of powdered sugar for the glaze, but I only used a few tbls because I thought that was plenty.

Another recipe in the book is for Beatty's chocolate cake. This recipe is the exact same recipe as Hershey's Black Magic cake. For some reason, that really bugged me. I've been making Black Magic cake for years and years.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

I always laugh when she says something is good for you.. because what she consideres "good" is usually still high in fat, white sugar and white flour. Silly woman.

Your Challah looks beautiful!

11:23 AM, March 03, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home