Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Brown Rice Pudding( KA flour whole grain baking)....



I can tell I'm in a definate comfort food mood these last few days, I went looking for something to bake and the only thing that sounded good to me was rice pudding. I love rice pudding and I'll usually always order it from a Jewish Deli when we're in Florida. But, I feel guilty eating it because its white, so this brown version really struck my fancy. This was really simple to make. The recipe calls for 1.5cups of cooked brown rice which I didnt have leftover so I had to make some. Then you mix 2 cups of milk with 2 eggs, a small amount of brown sugar and maple syrup, some spices and dried fruit. Thats it. You bake it in a buttered casserole dish for 30 min and voila. I tasted it when it came out of the oven and I didnt like it as much as I did when it chilled.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Wow! That looks great. I'm so excited about this cookbook - I had no idea it had this much variety in it.

Supposedly it has shipped so it should be on my doorstep any day now.

7:01 AM, February 27, 2007

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

I'm reading back through the blog.. your coconut cake looks amazing! I'm so impressed that you can make a cake look so good.. try as I might, I can NOT decorate a cake... seriously.. I will take a pic the next time.. it is truly humiliating.. and a joke within our family..

I love bulgur "pudding", very similar to this..

4:13 PM, February 27, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Is is 1.5 cups of rice before cooking, or 1.5 cups of rice after cooking?
Thanks.

5:05 PM, January 16, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home