Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Choc. Cupcakes w/peanut butter frosting....( Ina Garten)




Yesterday, the weather was horrible. We had major snowsqualls and most of the roads were closed. My neighbor has a snow plow attatched to his truck and he always plows our driveway. I usually always give them some sort of baked goods in return. I have the new Ina Garten( barefoot contessa) cookbook out of the library and these cupcakes looked good. I cut the recipe in half and I still came out with 12 cupcakes.

My go to chocolate cake/cupcake recipe is Hershey's Black Magic, its supereasy to make, uses one bowl and oil instead of butter. Ina's recipe used butter with less sugar and more cocoa. Funny though, I didnt think the choc. flavor was that pronounced, but the crumb was very tender. The cake was the perfect foil for this lucious Peanut butter frosting( As I was making it, I remembered Paula's MIL's recipe), I'll have to make that next time. It's interesting to note though, that this PB frosting recipe isnt really Ina's( as most of the recipes in the book are credited to someone else).

I didnt measure the PB so I might have used less than I needed, but it still had a great PB flavor( I used Jiff, btw). Robin and I enjoyed one or two with a big glass of cold milk.

On Thursday, I cook for the Seniors again. Its going to be a labor intensive meal. Roast Chicken, mashed spuds, spinach salad with bacon, sauteed zucchini and bread pudding w/ vanilla sauce for dessert.

This weekend I plan on baking more challah and lots of hamantashen to take to Florida( we leave on Tuesday) with us. My grandpa loves cookies and since he isnt eating much these days, I figure I'd make him what he likes. This might be the last time I see him.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Glad to hear they came out well - I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard some complaints about a few of Ina's other chocolate cupcake recipes.

10:47 AM, March 06, 2007

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Wow, those look insanely decadent.

Have you checked out the book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World? I've heard great things about the recipes. I am staying away from that book.. I always thought I hated cake, but I hated eggs.. now that I know how to make vegan cakes, I am doomed!

9:16 AM, March 07, 2007

 
Blogger Heather said...

So I really need to make these now. Chocolate and PB are a favorite combo of mine. I need to find a way to combine them in a diet friendly way. This recipe isn't going to help me... It just makes me want to rip the cupcakes off the computer and dig in.

9:54 AM, March 10, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where in Florida do you go?
We will be going to Sanibel for 1 night and then Hallandale for a few days...know of any good food spots?

Nosher at Ethicurean
(aka Spanky at Breakfast blogger)

12:05 PM, March 10, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home