Sunday, December 10, 2006

This is why I havent been blogging ......




So we went to Florida for my 40th birthday.( and no, I didnt take that picture of the cake, I would have removed the diet coke before I took it) We left our house at 3pm on Friday( Dec 1st) and arrived at the airport by 6:30pm( we have to drive to Detroit). Our flight was supposed to leave at 9pm, but due to the stupidity of NW Airlines, we didnt leave until 8:30am the next day. We were forced to spend the night in the airport because the electricity was out at the hotels across the street. Robin can sleep anywhere( as you can see). However, I require a bed, darkness and some kind of white noise. Needless to say, I got no sleep. When we finally arrived in Ft. Lauderdale at 1pm, I had to get a pedicure and order the food for my party. I never fully caught up on my sleep so when we came home Wednesday night( driving home in a horrible blizzard) I was really sick( bad cold and cough). Then I had to cater a dinner for 8 on Friday and I had to do all the shopping on Thursday and make 3 different mini desserts. Then yesterday I had to work at Barbara's, baking and cooking for a job she has today( she had surgery and can't do much, I committed to working for her so I couldnt let her down). So, consequently, I have done zero cooking( for myself) since we've come back. I made a quiche at work yesterday and I brought that home and we had it for dinner, but who wants me to blog about quiche? Kinda boring. So, when I finally have a breather, I need to plan some meals and cook for my honey.

Btw, That is a 4 layer coconut cake from We Take The Cake Bakery in Ft. Lauderdale. It was very yummy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cyndi said...

First of all, Happy Birthday! But you poor thing! I've been through airport/flight messes like that, so I feel you pain. Lucky Robin that she can sleep in the floor. No way. Mattress is a must. White noise is a must - like my little waterfall/rain/crickets noisemaker I use in my trailer. I hope you're feeling better and all caught up on your sleep.

6:05 PM, December 10, 2006

 
Blogger Christine said...

Welcome home! We missed you so much it snowed just for you.

We need to get together soon I have your Birthday present all wrapped.

3:11 AM, December 11, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

Happy Bday cool kid!

7:10 AM, December 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! That's awful you got stuck in the airport overnight. Your birthday cake looks pretty :)

8:57 AM, December 12, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home