Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pork Tenderloin 2 ways.....





When I buy pork tenderloin, they often come 2 in a package. They are most often frozen too, so its hard for me to split them. Thus, when I'm ready to cook them, I have to cook two. Instead of cooking both one way, I decided to treat them each differently. The first tenderloin I decided to grill, since the weather was so nice on Tuesday( 76F). I seasoned it with some herbs de provence,salt and pepper. I made a quick basting sauce of maple syrup, sweet and smokey mustard, garlic and apple cider vinegar. I threw some red potatoes in the microwave and finished them up on the grill. I grilled some asparagus to round out the meal.(BTW, the picture above is everything off the grill, not just my dinner plate) Forget 30 minute meals, this took 20 and was easy as pie.

Since our beautiful weather only lasted for 2 days( Monday and Tuesday), I decided to oven roast this pork. I made a pan sauce with port, dried cherries and red currant jam( the original recipe is from Cook's Illustrated and calls for orange marmalade, I didnt have any). I made some sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and Cook's Illustrated's pan roasted broccoli. This meal took slightly longer, but its not that difficult. Cook's Illustrated has some really great recipes for different pan sauces for pork, and chicken.

I'll be doing a lot of cooking on Friday and Saturday. We're doing some recipe testing at work for a tasting on Saturday night. I'll be baking 4 different lemon layer cakes to see which one we like the best.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I cooked the two tenderloins from the package last time, expecting to have a hunk leftover but no - my husband left a piece even too small for my lunch. And of course, he never gains an ounce.

I want to hear what lemon cake turned out best - I once made 2 different from-scratch lemon cakes before resorting to a boxed cake for my MIL's birthday. Who would have thought that a good lemon cake would be so hard to make?

6:50 AM, April 02, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home