Monday, September 11, 2006

Rainbow Jello Mold....



I've had my eye on this for awhile now, ever since I saw it over on egullet. We had a birthday party to attend over the weekend and I knew there would be a lot of kids there and jello usually goes over well with kids. This isnt hard to make, but it is rather timeconsuming. Each layer has to chill for 15minutes before the next layer is added. I used 6 flavor's of jello, sticking with the rainbow theme. Each opaque layer is mixed with a few tbls of either sour cream, yogurt or coolwhip. I made this in my bundt pan and filled the center with vanilla coolwhip.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

OMG I looked at this recipe in my Jello cookbook just last night! That's so freaky.

I have these small molds I want to use and I thought how cool this would look in them yet how incredibly tedious it would be to make. I love jello made with sour cream and this is just so striking.

6:23 AM, September 12, 2006

 
Blogger Randi said...

It was tedious. I had to sit at home for 3 hrs while making it. If you want a real showstopper though, this is it. Everyone just oooed and ahhhed over it, but when it all boils down, its just jello. The recipe in the book probably only uses 5 colors. I used 6 and I used 2 packs of the red because of extra space on top of the bundt pan.

6:29 AM, September 12, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

Wow...I love Jello! I think you need some color on top of the whipped cream :)

6:36 AM, September 12, 2006

 
Blogger Sara said...

Randi that is very impressive. Did you have a hard time getting it out of the pan? Unmolding is not good for me.

10:37 AM, September 12, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a concoction! It's good to know that any leftovers would certainly be welcome at any Pride celebration, too! :)

My guess would be that CAREFULLY floating the mold in some warm water for a few seconds would loosen the jello just enough to let you unmold it.

10:44 AM, September 12, 2006

 
Blogger Joy Bugaloo said...

Wow, Randi! You are just TOO faaabulous! Love it! --Gina
www.lindseysluscious.blogspot.com

1:09 PM, September 12, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! it looks so pretty! I'm sure the kids (and adults alike) loved it! lucky friends you have!

10:48 PM, September 12, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home